Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving and Peem in Phuket!

Thanksgiving definitely did not feel like Thanksgiving.  #1 - I worked 8 - 3:30,  #2  - no family and #3 - no turkey!  We did end up deciding to make a dinner for ourselves and we did a pretty good job.  Rolls and crackers, mashed potatoes, corn, snap peas and a broccoli, green bean, carrot and onion stir-fry.  I didn't miss the turkey as much as I missed my mom's apple pie and cookies!
We tried!
Missing the turkey and cranberry sauce
My friend Peem from Bates lives in Bangkok and him and his mom, dad and uncle came down to Phuket for the weekend to compete in the Laguna Phuket Triathlon.  I was so happy to see him!!  They were staying two beaches up from us and came down on Saturday night to take us all to dinner and it was great. 
Saturday Night dinner
Sunday, I got up early to go to the triathlon with Courtney and Shawn and it was awesome.  Extremely inspiring and Peem and his team did a great job.  The triathlon was competed as an individual race or a team event and below is a photo of the winner - apparently whoever wins gets to cross the finish line with a baby elephant.  We were completely speechless to say the least. 

3 time champ
After Peem biked 55 km in under 2 hours wooo wooo

No comments:

Post a Comment