Friday, November 11, 2011

Employed!

Three days into job searching extremely aggressively, I have taken a kindergarten teaching position!  Let's just say I will be very broke by the time we leave here due to the very small salary but I would rather work with the little ones than make a little more and try to teach crazy 12 year olds.  I will be splitting my time between two kindergarten schools Monday thru Friday - one in the morning and the other in the afternoon - so I going to have to give in and get a motorbike and hope I don't die driving on the other side of the road on a mini motorcycle.  I'm going to practice this weekend because did I mention....I START ON MONDAY!! Not my preference but I was afraid if I passed it up, I woudn't find something I liked better and had been wishing that I took it.  Nancy also took a kindergarten teaching job but at a different school on a different part of the island so we are going this weekend to try to find an apartment in the middle of our school's locations, hopefully still on the beach....We shall see!

My horoscope from the Phuket Gazette
 A second positive from today was that I found peanut butter!!!! We found a mall and when we walked inside it was like walking into a mall in America - Levi's, Office Depot, Bebe, Baskin Robbins, Nautica, The Body Shop and the list goes on...It was all very strange.  There was a food store and I went tearing through the aisles in search of peanut butter and success!!  And then Nancy found goldfish and then I found my favorite tomato sauce...we realized that even though these foods might cost us far too much money ($6 for mini jar of Prego), it would be totally worth it when we were feeling homesick or when we get sick of noodles and rice.
I think I might just survive here

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! Congratulations on your job lady!!! That is fantastic! So happy for you and Nancy! Sounds like it is getting better each day. This will be such an amazing experience, so pumped for you! Good luck with the motorbike...yikes! You are a beast so I know you will get the hang of it in no time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete