Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My Teaching Assignment for 2013 - 2014

After spending over a year and a half in kindergarten, I decided that I wanted a new challenge and requested a higher grade level for the upcoming school year.  I thought that I wanted either 4th, 5th or 6th grade but after arriving here and discovering that 1st-5th grade and 6th-11th grade are in two separate schools, I had to alter my decisions.  Since 4th and 5th grade are in the primary school, if I put in a request to be in the primary school, I would risk being placed in one of the youngest grades if there weren't openings in 4th or 5th.  So I changed my mind after spending a bit of summer school teaching 6th grade and really liking it, I decided to put in my request for secondary school (6th-11th grade) and ranked 6th grade as my first choice.  Got my teaching assignment yesterday and turns out I'll be teaching three levels of 7th grade ESL, two levels of 7th grade Reading and Writing, and 10th grade PE.  I will also be running tutoring sessions and club activities that I have yet to find out about yet.  Sweet!  Except for the fact that I've never taught 7th grade and am not really qualified to do so.  The new school year starts in five days and I've got to try to figure out what the heck I'm going to do...

Side note, apparently there are 500 teachers at this school...no way I will ever know everyone

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative though and so energetic! You will figure it all out and you will do a fabulous job. I know it. So excited for you! Cannot wait to hear about your adventures! 500 teachers? Wowza! MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete