Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Perk of Being "Big" in Vietnam

I didn't bring many nice clothes over here because I knew that they would get ruined by the weather and the laundry machines and the dirt from the roads.  So I wanted to do a little shopping to get some plain, nice shirts that I could wear for work and not care if I ruined them.  Little did I know that being my size and that I don't wear skin tight clothes would benefit my wallet here!   In comparison to most Vietnamese women, I'm relatively tall and the curvy feature doesn't exactly exist over here.  While at Big C, we found ourselves sifting through random buckets of clothes not really looking at the prices.  We then realized the clothes in the buckets were on sale because there were only larges left...I said ehhhhh oh well and turned to walk away when I looked at a shirt, held it up and was like, "THIS IS A LARGE?! This is awesome!"  Turns out, I'm a size L in this country and I proceeded to get 3 really soft shirts and two random dresses for a grand total of $13.96...Who cares that the stripes on one of the dresses are kind of crooked and the shirts are a bit baggy, it's all about character right?


1 comment: